Maison des Fondateurs Audemars Piguet
Le Brassus (Switzerland)/2014
Audemars Piguet, the swiss watch manufacturer rich in tradition, is still owned by the family. Founded in 1881, the company has always been based in the “valley of the watchmakers”, the Vallée de Joux. With its long winters, rugged rocky landscapes and the strung-out Lac de Joux, the valley has shaped the mentality and functioning of the watchmakers as well as the design of the watches. The watch museum is directly attached to the manufacture and shows the evolutionary history of the latter, innovations and advancement of complications, design evolution of the nearly 150 years of company history and some of the most valuable masterpieces. A special exhibition design has been developed for each area that corresponds to the narrative of the museum concept as well as to the specific requirements of the valuable, detailed exhibits. Together with BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) mm+ has won the international competition and has assisted the team of architects in museum-related and design aspects up to the concept stage.
- Mission: Museum and design concept
- Collaboration: BIG
- Year: 2014